Niagara County Youth Bureau Seeking Governor's Youth Council Representative
The Niagara County Youth Bureau is seeking a new representative for the New York State Governor’s Youth Council. The Youth Council is to be made up of 62 young people ages 13-21, one representing each county to be selected via the process detailed in the below. In 2022, the Council was represented by Vanessa Grant of Royalton, NY.
Vanessa is currently a junior at Royalton-Hartland High School. She is involved with the Roy-Hart Future Farmers of America and competes nationally with her peers amongst a number of other extra-curricular activities.
The Youth Council provides an effective way to engage youth in state government and creates a platform for their voices to be heard by policymakers. Members of the NYS Governor’s Youth Council will offer their solutions to key issues facing young people in NYS. Youth voice is recognized through this initiative; if you would like your voice heard apply today.
Those interested must understand the great opportunity offered upon selection and commit to the following if appointed to the NYS Governor’s Youth Council:
- Participate in virtual statewide youth led networking and training events about government, civic engagement and positive youth development.
- Attend regional meetings via online platforms
- Work on selecting policy issues to inform local, regional and/or state changes
- Seek out, listen and respect others’ opinions and experiences
- Maintain your membership until March 30, 2023
For more information or to apply online visit: https://nysylc.secure-platform.com