Veterans Service Agency
Location: 175 Hawley St., Suite 100D, Lockport, NY 14094 MAP
Counseling Hours: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm (Monday-Friday)
Phone Inquiry Hours: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Monday-Friday)
Telephone: (716) 438-4090
Fax: (716) 438-4017
- Director: Jeffrey M. Glatz
- Service Officer: David Wohleben
- Service Officer: Douglas Kalota
- Support Staff: Erica Eaton
HONORING OUR PURPLE HEART HEROES...
Niagara County Clerk Joseph A. Jastrzemski has launched a Purple Heart Recognition initiative for Niagara County Veterans who are or were recipients of the Purple Heart - the oldest military award presented to American service members.
In addition to Niagara County receiving the distinction as an official Purple Heart County, and the implementation of the Purple Heart Recipient "Book of Honor", a memorial monument commemorating their brave service and sacrifice will be unveiled in a formal ceremony to be held on Sunday, August 6, 2023 at 1:00pm PM outside the Niagara County Courthouse located at 175 Hawley St., Lockport New York 14095.
If you are a Purple Heart recipient, or know someone (deceased or living) who is, please share or complete this form:
Our mission is to insure that all veterans and their dependents have access to any benefits to which they may be eligible as the result of the veteran’s active duty military or naval service. There are benefits due to some reservists and national guardsmen, but this must be determined on an individual basis.
- Niagara County Thank A Vet Program
- Service-Connected Disability Compensation
- Non Service-Connected Disability Pension (such as Aid & Attendance)
- Widow/Dependent Pension/DIC
- Montgomery G.I. Educational Bill/Post 911 G.I. Bill/ VA Education & Job Resources
- Vocational Rehabilitation - at least 10% for a service-connected disability for review
- Liaison between the Veterans Administration, and all State and Federal Agencies
- Remote Access Claim Tracking and Submission Process
- VA Healthcare, VA Home Loan Guaranty and VA Life Insurance
- Request for military records and service medals
- NYS Blind Annuity
- Records of DD214/Separation Papers filed in the County Clerk's Office
- NYS Property Tax Exemptions (Combat, Service-connected disability, war time era)
- New York State Medals for Certain Active Duty Service
- New York State Exempt Parks Pass - need to be 40% for a service-connected disability
- NYS Thruway Pass (E-Z Pass) - 100% service-connected disability, permanent and total with vehicle adaptability necessary
- New York State Hunting Licenses and Permits - 40% service-connected disability necessary
- Discharge Upgrade or Correction to Discharge
- Burial Benefits - monetary benefit requires at least 10% service-connected disability. Other restrictions apply.
- American Legion, Veterans of Foreign Wars & (IAVA) Liaisons and Officers
- Active Municipal Outreach Program and Engagements
- Active Social Media – Like us at Facebook.com/NiagaraVeterans
Helpful links for veterans and their families:
- Make the Connection - Veterans and their loved ones talk about their experiences, challenges, and recovery.
- OPERATION S.A.V.E - Suicide Prevention Training: Tuesday, Sept 22, 2020
- Suicide Prevention Month Outreach Flyer
- Veterans to Math Teachers Scholarship Program
- OPERATION S.A.V.E. - Suicide Prevention Training
- FreshConnect Voucher Packet Request and Acceptance Form
- Niagara County "Thank A Vet" Discount Program
- Veterans Service Agency Data Sheet
- List of Niagara County Veterans Services
- What Every Veteran Should Know