Niagara's WorkSourceOne has the resources and expertise to help you find your next great position!
If you feel you have a pretty good start on your job search but just need access to the tools...
At our One Stop career center, you will find an on–site resource room open Monday – Friday. It is equipped with computers (w/Internet access as well as resume/cover letter templates and other tools) phones, fax machines, & copiers so you can hit the ground running. Or maybe you would like some assistance in preparing as effective and quick a job-search as possible? If so, we are here to help!
- Opportunities to meet directly with businesses through Business Recruitment events, Open Recruitment sessions, and our Career Fairs
- On-the-Job Training incentives which reimburse your new employer up to 75% of your starting salary to help you nail down the job offer for a position where you may have a skills gap
- The area's Hottest Jobs updated frequently throughout the week right here on this website's HotJobs page!
- Regular informative Workshops delivered by Center employment professionals as well as Hiring Managers from local companies - Upcoming Workshops
- A weekly networking group called POD (Professional Opportunity Developers) for mid-to-upper management level individuals seeking re-employment
- Resume preparation assistance and review services
- Computer and Internet access with Assistive Technologies available including:
- adaptive computer (screen magnification, Read & Write Gold, JAWS, Dragon Naturally Speaking)
- high contrast keyboard with larger print characters
- slimblade trackball
- desktop microphone
- Career Counseling for those struggling with their job search, or thinking of changing careers but not really sure where to begin
- Access to current job openings
- Men’s & Women's Clothes Closet for interview preparation and career wear
- Message Service for those who may not have a reliable phone service for employment-related contacts from businesses
To Register with your local One Stop Center and begin receiving alerts to jobs that match your skill sets and objective:
Please print and complete these two Career Center Registration forms and bring them to your local Center any time Monday - Friday between 8:30am and 4:00pm to become a member of the Center and learn how we can best assist you with your local employment goals;
Resume Services (Niagara Falls Center)
Resumes-by-Appointment or Walk-In with Kevin from WorkSourceOne's Business Services. For more information, please call 278-8246.
Below is a Department of Labor representative able to get immigrant/refugee customers connected with supports and services needed to help them secure employment in the US.
Services include: Immigration, refugee, transferring education or credential from another Country, refugee status, eligible to work in the US, ESL classes.
NYS Department of Labor
284 Main Street, Buffalo, NY 14202
- English-as-a-Second-Language locations in Erie, Niagara, Chautauqua and Cattaraugus Counties
- Global Career Transitions - Resources for Credential Evaluation and Licensing
- Job Search Record tool
- List of "Best Bet" Job Search sites
- Job Search Strategies and Tips
- Find a Bus Route Using Google Maps
- New York State Job Bank
- *NEW* NY Seasonal Works for Summer and seasonal jobs!
- Western New York Jobs
- Niagara County Civil Service Job Postings
- NYS Department of Labor
- Unemployment Insurance Information - NYS Department of Labor
- Business Directory - Find companies who typically hire in your occupation or industry through this NYS Department of Labor tool
- Summer Youth Program (eligible Youth ages 14 -20)
- Trade Act Adjustment services
- Disability Resource Coordinator
Individuals with barriers are encouraged to take advantage of our programs & services
Niagara County Employment and Training and Niagara County’s WorkSourceOne One-Stop Center are equal-opportunity agencies/programs. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.