Disability Resource Coordination
Disability Sensitivity in the workplace Training Video
FREE support to businesses hiring workers with disabilities!
Many businesses currently have workers with a disability. In fact, 20% of the workforce has a disability or will acquire one during their working years (ages 16-65 years old).
Every business should have a place of support to aid them with questions regarding a worker with a disability.
Our Disability Resource Coordinator is trained to address the unique needs and concerns of business and their employees with disabilities.
We can assist with the following:
- Tax Incentives
- Reasonable Accommodations
- Interviewing Applicants
- Americans with Disabilities Act
For more information please contact Marilyn Patterson at:
1001 Eleventh St.
Niagara Falls, NY 14301
Business Resource Guide through the Disability Employment Initiative
This guide was developed with a business focus and designed to provide both public and private businesses with proven strategies and easy-to-use resources that can assist in retaining and accommodating existing employees who experience onset of a disability.
What are the benefits of making my business disability friendly?
The 30 second answer (View as Slide Show)
For more information:
This huge customer market can represent additional business and profit for your enterprise! This web-course was developed by the U.S. Department of Justice to help you learn how to attract and successfully provide your services to this market.
- EmployAbility, a toolkit to help businesses understand the benefits they could achieve by hiring employees of all abilities, and incorporating universal design into their recruitment, hiring, and retention practices.
- Recruiting, Hiring, Retaining and Promoting People with Disabilities: A Resource Guide for Employers
- Regional Employment and Disability Institute
- Workplace Accommodations
- Information, Guidance and Training on Americans with Disabilities Act
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit Fact Sheet