Business Resources And Links
Would you like to post a job opening and begin receiving qualified applicants?
Complete this Job Order Form or just call us at 278-8246 and we'll get started helping you find your next great employee!
Tax Incentives for your Business
Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN)
WARN provides that, with certain exceptions, employers of 100 or more workers must give at least 60 days' advance notice of a plant closing or mass layoff to affected workers or their representatives, to the State dislocated worker unit, and to the appropriate local government.
Niagara County Community College Small Business Development Center offers a Microenterprise / loan program in partnership with the NCIDA. The application is available at http://www.niagaracountybusiness.com/micro.asp
Details of the program:
- Program participants must be low/moderate income or create jobs for low/moderate income individuals.
- Ideal for retail service or manufacturing firm that is a Minority/Woman-Business Enterprise with less than or equal to five employees
- Maximum loan amount is $25,000
- Must participate in a 12-week educational program
- No commitment fee
- Loan Terms & Rates
- Below market interest rates.
- Working capital less than 5 years; machinery and equipment less than seven years.
- Interest and principal deferred for six months.
- Final Rule 2016
- Niagara County Center for Economic Development
- City of Niagara Falls Department of Economic Development Overview of Services // Website
- New York State Job Bank (to search the Talent Bank for candidate Resumes or index your job postings from your website)
- Niagara USA Chamber of Commerce
- Niagara County Community College Small Business Development Center
- NYS Department of Labor (Business page)
- NYS Department of Labor (Funding Opportunities page)
- NYS Department of Labor (Labor Standards - Wages and Hours FAQ's)
- Buffalo Niagara Enterprise - Strategic Planning & Labor Analysis
- WNY Empire State Development
- SCORE (no-cost Business Counseling)
- New York State Trade Adjustment Assistance Center
- New York State Regional Economic Development Councils
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit
- Veterans Opportunity to Work (VOW) Work Opportunity Tax Credit
- CareerOneStop's Business Center