December 16-December 22, 2021, COVID-19 Update
The Niagara County Department of Health issued the following weekly update on positive COVID-19 cases in Niagara County from December 16 through December 22. Reports will be made each Wednesday.
We regretfully report the deaths of 18 Niagara County residents from COVID-19. We extend our deepest sympathies to the family and friends of these individuals.
The rest of the update is as follows:
- 971 new positive cases
- Total of 32,245 positives to date (isolations + recoveries + deaths)
- 1228 active cases ( 1155 isolating at home, 73 in hospital)
- 30,553 recovered
- 464 deaths
- 142,300 residents with at least one vaccine dose (https://covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/covid-19-vaccine-tracker)
- 66 daily new cases per 100K residents, 7-day average (https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/positive-tests-over-time-region-and-county)
- 10.4 percent positive, 7-day average (https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/positive-tests-over-time-region-and-county)
The Niagara County heat map that breaks the positive cases down by municipality since the beginning of the pandemic can be found here: https://tinyurl.com/ybgzmusw.
The Niagara County heat map that breaks down active cases only by municipality can be found here: https://tinyurl.com/y5b4hldh.