December 23-December 29, 2021, COVID-19 Update
The Niagara County Department of Health issued the following weekly update on positive COVID-19 cases in Niagara County from December 23 through December 29. Reports will be made each Wednesday.
We regretfully report the deaths of 13 Niagara County residents from COVID-19. We extend our deepest sympathies to the family and friends of these individuals.
The rest of the update is as follows:
- 952 new positive cases
- Total of 33,197 positives to date (isolations + recoveries + deaths)
- 1063 active cases ( 998 isolating at home, 65 in hospital)
- 31,657 recovered
- 477 deaths
- 143,023 residents with at least one vaccine dose (https://covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/covid-19-vaccine-tracker)
- 72 daily new cases per 100K residents, 7-day average (https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/positive-tests-over-time-region-and-county)
- 10.6 percent positive, 7-day average (https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/positive-tests-over-time-region-and-county)
The Niagara County heat map that breaks the positive cases down by municipality since the beginning of the pandemic can be found here: https://tinyurl.com/ybgzmusw.
The Niagara County heat map that breaks down active cases only by municipality can be found here: https://tinyurl.com/y5b4hldh.