How can I be Prepared
Having the right supplies on hand is essential and can make life easier during a power outage, flood, storm or other emergency.
You should have an emergency kit containing the following:
- Food & can opener (3-7 day supply)
- Water (3-7 day supply)
- Essential Medications (3-7 day supply)
- Pet Supplies (3-7 day supply)
- First Aid kit
- Battery operated Flashlight, TV or radio (note the station that provide local information)
- Extra batteries
- Paper products & Soaps (toilet paper, paper towels, soap, disinfectant)
- File of Life or Prescription List for all family members
- Copy of Declaration Page of Insurance Policies (homeowners, renters, auto, life, etc)
- Cash in small bills
- Entertainment (games, playing cards, etc)
- Candles & matches
- Extra clothing & footwear
- Special items for infants, elderly, or special needs.
Make sure everybody in your family knows where you keep your emergency supplies and your first aid kit.
Know the best escape route from each room of your house and where family members will meet in case they can't get home.
Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Emergency Preparedness and Response https://www.emergency.cdc.gov/
U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) https://www.ready.gov/be-informed
Medical Reserve Corps https://mrc.hhs.gov/homepage