It allows you the Citizens of Niagara County to register your cameras which may help deter crime and assist local Police Departments with their crime prevention strategies in your neighborhood.
Registration is simple and only takes a few minutes of time. You need to provide basic contact information and where the cameras are located. There is no cost for registration and your personal information is confidential
You may cancel your registration at any time by sending an e-mail to: email@example.com
Once you complete the registration process, a member from your local Police Department may contact you by telephone to request a visit to your residence/business to verify the information you have provided.
Call to Duty
Your local Police Department will only contact you if there is a criminal incident in the vicinity of your security cameras. Police personnel may request to view and copy video images captured by your camera to assist in the investigation of a crime.
The goal of the Operation SafeCam program is to promote public safety in collaboration between your local police department and the citizens of Niagara County. All registrants agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Any video material collected by your local Police Department related to criminal investigations can be used as evidence during any stage of a criminal proceeding.
- Video material provided to your local Police Department is reserved for official use.
- When necessary, your local Police Department will contact you directly using the information you have provided to obtain video surveillance footage from your system.
- Under no circumstances shall registrants construe they are acting as an agent or employee of the local Police Department.
- You will be assigned a Registrant ID number. Please refer to this number in any correspondence with your local Police Department.
- You agree not to release any video or picture images to media without consulting your local Police Department.
Your cameras assisting Public Safety