HIICAP can help you:
- Understand the Medicare prescription drug benefit
- (Medicare Part D) and how to select the best plan
- Understand and apply for low-income subsidy programs, including Extra Help and Medicare Savings Programs (MSPs), and Medicaid
- Find ways to pay for your medications or medical equipment
- Understand and apply for the EPIC Program
- Choose between original Medicare and Medicare Advantage plans including health maintenance organizations (HMOs), preferred provider organizations (PPOs), private fee-for-service (PFFS), and special needs plans (SNP’s)
- Understand Medicare rules and your medical bills
- Report possible Medicare fraud or abuse
- Provide information on how to appeal a decision by Medicare, your managed care provider or other health insurance company
- Discover ways to fill in Medicare’s gaps
- Learn how to file a Medicare or Medigap complaint
- Learn about Medicare covered prevention and screening that can identify health problems
- Explore long term care services like paying for nursing home care or understanding long-term care insurance
The services provided by HIICAP are unbiased. The answer to your questions is a phone call away! Call HIICAP at 716-438-3030.
Niagara County Office for the Aging and NY Connects Presents FREE Informational and Enrollment Sessions, click on the links for more information.
Do you need help paying for Medicare and Medicare Part D? If so, come to a free class to learn about programs that help to pay the out of pocket costs of Medicare and Medicare Part D. Click on the link below for more information:
Help with Costs of Medicare
Are you new to Medicare? Are you receiving Medicare benefits now but are overwhelmed and/or confused by all the information and options? If so, come to a free Medicare session for some helpful, unbiased information. Click on the link below for more information:
Learn about Medicare
2023 HIICAP News
Medicare Savings Programs
You may be eligible to get help paying your Medicare premiums and you may also get help paying for Medicare Part A and Part B deductibles, coinsurance and copayments. Click on the link below for more information:
Medicare Savings Program
New York StateWide Senior Action Council, Inc. now has the grant for Medicare Fraud education. Click on the link below for more information:
NY StateWide Senior Action
The Health Insurance Information Counseling and Assistance Program
needs volunteer counselors to help people understand health insurance options and long term care insurance options.
Training and certification is provided. Make your own hours at a senior center near you.
Call 716-438-3030 for more information.
The Office for the Aging is funded by the New York State Office for the Aging with Older Americans Act and New York State funds, and by Niagara County.
Contributions are welcomed and are used to enhance our programs. Suggested Contributions