Niagara County's Hazard Mitigation Plan Review
The public review period for the draft version of Niagara County’s Hazard Mitigation Plan is now open until November 25, 2014. All Niagara County residents are invited to comment. The comment form must be complete and legible and should contain the page number, line number and graphic number if appropriate followed by a comment/note. All forms must be sent to Karen Thompson no later than November 25, 2014 to be considered.
1. The Firefighter Survival class scheduled for November 9 has been rescheduled for November 16. There is still room in the Firefighter Survival class scheduled for November 2.
2. Shawnee Fire Co. is hosting the free educational presentation “Recent Advances and Best Practices in Stroke Care” on Monday, November 3rd. Registration and dinner begin at 1800 hrs. The program starts at 1830 hrs. and is sponsored by Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center To register call
3. The County Volunteer Firemen’s Annual Ball will be held on Saturday, November 8th beginning at 1800 hrs. Tickets are $20 each and are available by calling 316-5902.
4. The next regular meeting of the Fire Police Association will be held on Sunday, November 9th beginning at 1430 hrs. at the Sanborn Fire Hall.
5. A new Firefighter One class has been added to the schedule. The first class starts Friday November 28, so fax in your applications to 438-3173.