The Niagara County Office for the Aging can provide information, referral, and assistance services to adults 60 and older living in Niagara County. Assistance can also be provided to family and friends caring for an older adult.
Our office is staffed with trained professionals who can help with any of the following:
- Financial Counseling
- Assistance with Forms
- Health Insurance Counseling
- Energy Assistance Applications (HEAP & WRAP)
- Housing Counseling
- Legal Services
- Recreation or Social Activities
- Referral to Community Resources
Niagara County Office for the Aging outreach staff are scheduled to be at different locations on a regular basis to inform people about services and programs for older adults and to answer questions concerning their needs.
Outreach staff will also make home visits to those older adults who have difficulty leaving their homes.
Any information given to staff members is kept completely confidential. Contributions are welcome and aid in the continuation of services provided by the Office for the Aging.
Office for the Aging Staff Can be Found at the Following Locations:
Senior and Community Centers
- Lockport Senior Centre, 3rd Tuesday
- North Tonawanda Senior Center, Every Wednesday, 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Lewiston Senior Center
- John Duke Senior Center, Niagara Falls
- Family Resource Center, Niagara Falls
- Niagara Community Center and Girls Club, Niagara Falls
- Spallino and Wrobel Towers
- All Niagara County Nutrition Sites
- Niagara County Office for the Aging
The Niagara County Office for the Aging was created in June 1973 through funding from the Older American Act. In August 1974, the Information and Assistance Program was established. We have staff that visits all the Eat Well...Stay Well Dining Program Nutrition Sites as well as Senior Centers, Senior Clubs and Senior Housing locations.
The Office for the Aging is funded by the New York State Office for the Aging with Older Americans Act and New York State funds, and by Niagara County.
Contributions are welcomed and are used to enhance our programs. Suggested Contributions