The Health Insurance Information, Counseling and Assistance Program (HIICAP) with the Office for the Aging provides free, unbiased, confidential assistance with health care questions and concerns to help individuals make informed decisions.
A HIICAP counselor can help with:
- Medicare eligibility, benefits, calim filing
- Medigap supplemental insurance policy coverage, comparison information, and claims filing
- Medicare Savings Programs & SSA Extra Help (Low Income Subsidy) eligibility and enrollment
- Long-Term Care planning and insurance, including the NYS Partnership for Long-Term Care
- Employer and retiree health insurance plans as supplemental Medicare policies, and comparisons with Medigap policies
- Prescription drug coverage, including Medicare Part D plans and EPIC
- Medicare Advantage including Private Fee for Service and PPO Plans
- Medicare preventative and health screening benefits
Call 434-4020 for an appointment
Medicare Basics - A Guide for Family and Friends of People with Medicare http://www.aoa.gov
Secure online service for accessing your Medicare information. http://my.medicare.gov
Medicare Interactive - One-stop source of information about health care rights, options and benefits. http://www.medicareinteractive.org
My Benefits is a quick and easy way in New York State to find answers to questions about NY State's programs and services. To see if you might be eligible for Medicaid, Child Health Plus, Healthy NY, Elderly Pharmaeutical Insurance Coverage (EPIC) or others use the link to www.myBenefits.NY.gov.