Office for the Aging Services
- Are you or someone you love a Niagara County resident age 60 or older? Would you like to know more about programs for older persons? The Niagara County Office for the Aging would like to help you!
- Support Services are available to a Caregiver; who is either a family member (who lives locally) or another individual who is an informal provider of in-home or community care to residents of Niagara County who are 60 years of age or older.
- The Niagara County Office for the Aging operates a nutrition program which serves approximately 20,000 meals a month to older people in Niagara County at various established community-based congregate meal sites.
- Expanded In-home Services for the Elderly Program (EISEP) includes Information & referral; Case Management; In-Home Services and Ancillary Services.
File of Life
- File of Life. This program is for seniors 60+ in Niagara County and is a card containing medical information and is kept on the outside of the refrigerator and is in a bright red magnetic pocket for easy access in case of an emergency.
- Health Insurance Information, Counseling, and Assistance Program. Provides Medicare beneficiaries with free, unbiased information and assistance relating to health insurance. The service is free, confidential and unbiased.
Home Delivered Meals Brochure
- The HDM program delivers meals to Niagara County residents 60 and older who are homebound due to illness, physical handicap, or advancing age, and who are unable to prepare their own meals. Services are available based on need without regard to income.
Information and Assistance
- The Niagara County Office for the Aging can provide information and referral, and case assistance services to persons sixty and older living in Niagara County. Assistance can also be provided to family and friends caring for an
- The Niagara County Office for the Aging attorney offers Niagara County residents 60 and over information and assistance with such concerns as: Health Care Proxy, Wills, Guardianship, Power of Attorney, Living Wills and Trusts, Consumer Fraud, Contractual Disputes, Tenant - Landlord Disputes, Home Ownership Questions, Neighbor Disputes, Social Security Questions, Medicare and Medicaid Related Problems and SSI Application and Eligibility Questions
- The Senior Medical Van program provides transportation information and rides to Niagara County residents aged 60 and over who need a ride to medical appointments or to essential services that they have no other way to get to.
Nutrition counseling is conducted by the Registered Certified Dietitian. Individual counseling sessions are all about you and your nutritional
problem—whatever it may be.
NY Connects Brochure
Help to find the right services and supports to meet your needs.